What We Believe
First and foremost we named our church Christ Church because we are Christians and we trust in Jesus Christ. We believe in the same Jesus Christ we can all read about in the Bible. Jesus explained in the Bible that He would build His church and so we believe Christ Church Inverness is part of what He is building.
As part of Christ's church, we recognise our need for a relationship with God who in the unity of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, governs all things according to his will and is accomplishing his purposes. As a bird flies with two wings, God reveals Himself through his Word and by his Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible reveals God's truth to humanity, because it is the inspired word of God and therefore has authority over the way we lead our lives.
- We believe that all human beings have inherent value because they are created by God in his own image. Yet they are separated from God because of their sinful ways.
- We believe in the Incarnation. This means that we believe Jesus Christ was both fully man and fully God. He was born of a virgin, lived, and died, rose from the grave then ascended to heaven. He also promised to return.
- We believe Jesus Christ made the way back to God when He died on the cross in our place and for our sins. By believing in Him and only by his grace we are reconciled to God and so we testify to a spiritual new birth. We love to share this good news of Jesus Christ (the Gospel) with others.
We are baptised in water and in the Spirit and brought into a genuine life of the Spirit. Jesus, the Lord, has baptised us in the Spirit and so we experience today, just as the Lord and his apostles taught, that the Spirit is with us and empowers us so that we can:
- testify about the Lord Jesus
- live a godly life of service that demonstrates that Christ lives in us spiritually
- see His church built up through the loving use of all the gifts God describes in His Word
Both individually and as a church, we ask God to fill us more and more for His purposes and His glory.
This introduces 'what we believe'. Of course God's Word and God's Spirit speak to numerous areas of belief and conduct which we continue to explore together in Christ Church Inverness.
Why not come along one Sunday and see what you make of it all! Or get in touch if you have other questions or need more information.